لوكهيد مارتن تسلم أول طائرة نقل C-5M Super Galaxy للقوات الجويه الأمريكيه
Lockheed Martin Delivers First Production C-5M Super Galaxy To U.S. Air ForceMARIETTA, Ga., September 30th, 2010 -- Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] completed delivery of the first production C-5M Super Galaxy at a ceremony here today with officials from Air Mobility Command, Air Force Material Command and Dover Air Force Base, Del.
This is also the first C-5M to sport the new Super Galaxy tail flash and nose art.
“We are thrilled to add another superstar to the strategic airlift fleet for the Air Force,” said Lorraine Martin, Lockheed Martin C-5 program vice president. “This delivery marks the next chapter in making sure the warfighter is provided with an unprecedented capability and reliability.”
The C-5M program calls for Lockheed Martin to modernize a total of 52 C-5s: 49 B-, two C- and one A-model aircraft through the Reliability Enhancement and Re-Engining Program (RERP). The program incorporates more than 70 changes and upgrades, including newer, quieter General Electric engines making the C-5M more reliable and 10 percent more fuel efficient than legacy C-5s.
The Super Galaxy is the only U.S. strategic airlifter capable of flying unrefueled directly from the U.S. to any area of operations.
The C-5M’s demonstrated improvements in performance and efficiency validate the value to the taxpayer of modernizing proven and viable aircraft. The C-5 can carry twice the cargo of other strategic airlift systems and is the only strategic airlifter capable of carrying 100 percent of certified air-transportable cargo
هى أكبر طائرة نقل إستراتيجى أمريكى
حيث تبلغ حمولتها 120طن وإليكم مواصفات هذا الوحش الجوى
- Crew: 8 typical (pilot, first pilot, copilot, two flight engineers, three loadmasters)
4 minimum (pilot, copilot, two flight engineers)
- Payload: 270,000 lb (122,470 kg)
- Length: 247 ft 1 in (75.31 m)
- Wingspan: 222 ft 9 in (67.89 m)
- Height: 65 ft 1 in (19.84 m)
- Wing area: 6,200 ft2 (576 m2)
- Empty weight: 380,000 lb (172,370 kg)
- Loaded weight: 769,000 lb (348,800 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 840,000 lb (381,000 kg)
- Powerplant: 4× General Electric TF39-GE-1C high-bypass turbofan, 43,000 lbf (190 kN) each
- Maximum speed: Mach 0.79 (503 kn, 579 mph, 932 km/h)
- Cruise speed: Mach 0.77 (919 km/h)
- Range: 2,400 nmi (2,760 mi, 4,440 km) with a 263,200 lb payload
- Service ceiling: 35,700 ft (10,600 m) at 615,000 lb (279,000 kg) gross weight
- Rate of climb: 1,800 ft/min (9.14 m/s)
- Wing loading: 120 lb/ft2 (610 kg/m2)
- Thrust/weight: 0.22
- Takeoff roll: 8,400 ft (2,600 m)
- Landing roll: 3,600 ft (1,100 m)
- Fuel capacity: 51,150 US gal (193,600 L)